Jhong Hilario has already given up his part in the third season of ABS-CBN’s weekly variety-competition program, Your Face Sounds Familiar.
He made the announcement in tonight’s episode, April 17, 2021, where he had a Zoom video call with host Luis Manzano, who was at the set of the show.
Your Face Sounds Familiar is now on its sixth week of competition.
Jhong explained that he chooses to prioritize first the safety of his newborn baby with long-time partner Maia Azores, Sarina.
This is also the same reason why Jhong has not yet reported back on the set of his other show, It’s Showtime.
Speaking to the viewers of the show, Jhong said, “Nakakalungkot na sabihin ito sa inyong lahat, kailangan ko munang magpaalam sa Your Face Sounds Familiar.
“Meron kasing bata na alam mo, kapag may naramdaman ang bata, hindi siya nakakapagsalita, e.”
According to Jhong, he had sleepless nights as he came up with this hard decision.
“Pinag-isipan ko ito, hindi ako nakatulog pero itong desisyon po na ito, talagang inisip ko talaga yung anak ko, e.
“Gusto kong malaman niya paglaki niya, kaya ko ginawa yun dahil mahal ko siya.”
Luis then expressed the support of Your Face Sounds Familiar family towards Jhong’s decision.
He told Jhong, “Maiintindihan namin iyon. Mahal ka namin and sabi nga natin, always family first.
“Kaya sa ngalan ng lahat ng kasamahan mo dito sa Your, nalulungkot man kami na hindi man makasama ang isang Jhong Hilario, e, naiintindihan namin.
“We wish you the best sa newest chapter ng iyong buhay. Good luck and we will see you soon, our Sample King Jhong Hilario.”
Before the Zoom call ended, Jhong thanked the management of ABS-CBN for allowing him to leave the show.
“Gusto kong pasalamatan ang ABS-CBN management, ang Your Face Sounds Familiar family dahil sa pag-iintindi nila na nagpaalam ako sa kanila and sinabi nila na yes, family first.
“Kaya maraming salamat po, Kapamilya. Maraming maraming salamat po.”
Jhong’s departure from his two ABS-CBN shows was first reported by PEP Alerts’ Cabinet Files on April 10, 2021.
Based on the report, Jhong will take a break from reporting to It’s Showtime once it starts going live upon the declaration of Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), where media productions are allowed.
When It’s Showtime went live on Thursday, April 15, Jhong was already absent from the show.
The Cabinet Files article also stated that Jhong had already asked permission from ABS-CBN for his Your Face Sounds Familiar stint to end, with the same reason that he wants to prioritize his baby’s safety.
Jhong has been a strong contender in Your Face Sounds Familiar since it started airing in February 2020.
Jhong even ranked number one during the first two weeks of the competition.
Upon Jhong’s withdrawal from the competition, seven finalists are left in Your Face Sounds Familiar.
They are Klarisse de Guzman, CJ Navato, Lie Reposposa, Vivoree Esclito, Geneva Cruz, Christian Bables, and the singing trio iDolls, composed of Matty Juniosa, Lucas Garcia, and Enzo Almario.
