Child actor Robert "Buboy" Villar and his brother were hospitalized this afternoon, August 27, due to dengue fever.
In an interview with GMANews.tv, Buboy's mother Noeme Tamayo confirmed that her two sons are currently in the ICU of the University of Sto. Tomas (UST) Hospital.
Mrs. Tamayo said Buboy, 11, has been afflicted with fever for four days; his younger brother RonRon also has a three-day high temperature.
The two brothers were first admitted at Perpetual Hospital in Manila. But they were later transferred to the UST Hospital, which has the complete equipment for dealing with dengue.
Mrs. Tamayo said she does not know where Buboy could have gotten dengue. The young actor felt weak weak after coming home from shooting in Lucena, Quezon last Saturday, August 21.
Buboy's mother also said she doesn't know where to get the big sum for the UST Hospital's billing tomorrow, August 28.
"Sana may makatulong sa amin na kaibigan at nagmamahal kay Buboy dahil malaking halaga ang kailangan namin bukas," Mrs. Tamayo told GMANews.tv.
Buboy is the family's breadwinner; his parents are separated.
Buboy's scheduled shooting today of the GMA-7 comedy series JejeMom was cancelled.
Buboy started his career in GMA-7 in 2008 when he appeared in the primetime series Dyesebel. Since then, he has appeared in a string of Kapuso primetime shows including Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan, Dyesebel, Darna, and Panday Kids.